Time spent in mother’s womb, has a great impact on a baby’s future health. Special care should be taken to ensure proper nutrition of the baby. Here are a few things that should be maintained when you are pregnant. Go through the following points to know about do’s and don’ts during pregnancy.
Things you must do:
- Maintain a diet plan full of healthy and nutritious foods. The unborn baby needs good nutrition, and if proper supply of nutrients is lacking, it may cause a lifelong adverse effect on the baby.
- Consume calcium rich foods. Calcium works like building blocks of the bones for the unborn child. It also helps to keep mother’s nervous system and muscles work properly. Soybeans and milk are the most common sources of calcium.
- Take enough fluid to keep your body nourished. Drink plenty of water to reduce the risk of constipation.
- Eat iron rich food. Iron is required for proper oxygen supply to the baby and other body parts of the mother as well. It is really very important for normal development and growth of the child. Plenty of iron consumption actually decreases the possibility of premature delivery.
- Take sufficient rest to keep stress away.
- Stay physically active. Messages and hot showers help to relax body muscles.
Things you must NOT do:
- Say no to raw or under cooked food. Eat properly cooked meals only.
- Avoid any type of physical shock. Wear seat belts whenever travelling by car.
- Do not take drugs without asking your physician.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee and cola.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid any type of contact with toxic chemicals like pesticides, paints etc.
- Do not take analgesics or sleeping pills without asking your doctor.
- It is good to avoid alcohol at this time.
- Avoid vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- Most importantly, avoid stress.
Have a happy pregnancy and welcome your child to the world in a healthy way.